Before your first class
What to wear
- Footwear is not needed, socks can be worn but take care as these can be slippery; use grippy socks, or even better - bare feet.
- Clothing should be comfortable and appropriately fitted – not so baggy that joint movement cannot be seen clearly and not too tight that it restricts movement.
Your excersise space
- Use a Pilates or yoga mat to work on – to protect your spine and joints
- Have enough space around your mat to exercise – you need to be able to stretch your arms and legs out.
- Ensure that the floor surface is clean, dry and free from obstructions
- Have a small head cushion or small towel to hand to help you achieve a neutral (aligned) spine