Livestream online classes
At Core Pilates we keep classes small (even online) so that the teacher can give individual corrections, ensuring you exercise safely. The teacher can offer variations to increase the challenge of a particular exercise or to make it more accessible for different clients. Small classes help to ensure that you get the most from the class and the teacher. We do however ask that you inform your teacher before each class of any injuries or medical conditions that may affect your ability to exercise.
Our live online classes are delivered through the Class-ify platform and are available on demand for two weeks following the live class.
Online class options
Healthy Body & Core – our signature class. A mixed ability class working on all the muscle groups, the class has a strong focus on alignment and core stability to help you build a strong and healthy body.
No Rush Class – a slower paced class which is particularly focused towards older clients and anyone wanting to take more time on honing their Pilates technique.
Start the Day - a 30 minute early morning class designed to wake your body and mind a get you ready for the day ahead.
All About You - 1:1 class where we work on your specific goals, with a lesson plan tailored specifically to your needs
Important information about attending livestream online classes
Exercise should be performed at a pace which feels comfortable for you. You should never sacrifice form and always rest when needed. Pain is the body’s warning system and should not be ignored, so please inform your teacher immediately if you feel any discomfort during a session.
As the classes are mixed ability we are unable to welcome ante or post-natal clients, or clients with specific health conditions or contraindications to exercise such as osteoporosis. Please email info@Core-Pilates.co.uk if you would like further information on specialist classes.
It is your responsibility to let the teacher know before the class if anything affects your ability to exercise that day.
Please be aware that by taking part in an online Core Pilates class you:
- fully understand that your teacher is not able to offer any personal correction and that you engage in the class without supervision and at your own risk.
- understand that the teacher is not liable for any injury or harm you sustain as a result of attending the class.
- ensure that you are working in a safe environment and that you are able to clearly see and hear your teacher in order to follow instructions
- exercise common sense agree to take responsibility for your own body and not to perform any exercises or movements that may cause you discomfort
- confirm that you are fit and able to join the class – please email info@Core-Pilates.co.uk in good time ahead of your class to advise us of any medical conditions, injuries or disabilities that may affect your ability to exercise
- always seek the guidance of a medical professional before undertaking any form of online sport or physical activity
- should seek medical advice and obtain confirmation for your suitability to take part before participating if you have any pre-existing medical conditions, injuries or disabilities that may affect your ability to participate in online sessions.
- Please read ‘how to get the most from a livestream online class’
How to get the most from a livestream online class
- Have enough space to move – you will need enough space around your mat so that you can move your arms and legs freely.
- Try to make sure there are no distractions (pets, children, deliveries) – one of the principles of Pilates is concentration.
- Set up your camera so that the teacher can see you clearly as you exercise, this will help them to offer modifications and check that you are performing the exercises correctly.
- Tell the teacher of any injuries or medical conditions that may affect your ability to exercise.
- Put yourself on mute during the class – but feel free to unmute yourself if you need to ask the teacher anything.
- Listen to the instructions and cues that the teacher gives, and if the exercise is new to you take a moment to look at the teacher demonstrating the exercise
- Enjoy the class