What to bring and wear
What to wear to Pilates classes
- Footwear is not needed, socks can be worn but take care as these can be slippery; use grippy socks, or even better - bare feet.
- Clothing should be comfortable and appropriately fitted – not so baggy that joint movement cannot be seen clearly and not so tight that it restricts movement.
- Water: it is important to stay hydrated whilst you exercise.
What to bring to group classes
- For hygiene reasons we ask that clients bring their own Pilates or Yoga mats to exercise on at group classes. There will be a few spare mats available however we ask that clients notify us in advance to ensure that we can accommodate the requirement. If you would like assistance in finding a suitable mat to purchase we are happy to assist you.
- All other props and small equipment will be provided by Core Pilates, however clients are welcome to bring their own too. Equipment used may include head cushions, resistance bands, overballs, blocks.
Your home exercise space
- Use a Pilates or yoga mat to work on – to protect your spine and joints
- Have enough space around your mat to exercise – you need to be able to stretch your arms and legs out.
- Ensure that the floor surface is clean, dry and free from obstructions
- Have a small head cushion or small towel to hand to help you achieve a neutral (aligned) spine